The Water Design-Build Council is a 501 C (6) non-profit corporation chartered in February 2006. Its mission is to promote best practices in design-build and construction management at-risk (CMAR) and to facilitate productive and collaborative relationships between service providers and owners.
Established to create a vocal and effective industry advocate for the value of alternative delivery methods for water and wastewater infrastructure projects, the WDBC continuously promotes best practices in design-build and CMAR procurement and implementation through education and outreach.
The WDBC vision is…. “ To be the preeminent organization advancing collaborative delivery methods for the public and private water infrastructure.”
WDBC’s MISSION: To evolve best practices for successful implementation of water projects through collaborative delivery methods. We fulfill this mission by facilitating thought leadership with stakeholders through research, education and communication.
WDBC 2015 Strategic Goals
- Increase WDBC’s stature in the water industry through thought leadership, research and producing quality products and services.
- Advance WDBC’s education and raining programs through ongoing research and products with “partnering” organizations
- Expand WDBC membership and opportunities for non-member involvement
WDBC 2015 Priorities
- A Research Study of Executive and Manager Experiences Using design-build delivery methods
- Fixed Price Design-Build Procurement Manual (and accompanying “Leaders Guide”.
- A Financing Guide for Projects Using Design-Build Delivery Methods
- An Industry Analysis of Design-Build Delivery
- Further Cooperative Ventures with Industry Partners
- Design-Build Project Managers Training
- Broaden Membership